pywwt is a Python interface for the Microsoft World Wide Telescope (WWT) Windows client, using the Layer Control API (LCAPI). The LCAPI provides an interface to WWT’s Layer Manager by sending data and information in the form of strings over HTTP. pywwt simply provides a Python interface to make these calls, enabling the control of WWT from scripts or an IPython notebook. Most importantly, it enables the passing of data created within a Python environment to WWT.
The current version of pywwt is 0.2.0.
New in version 0.2.0:
- Compatibility with Python 2.7 and 3.4
- All commands now return case-sensitive results
- Fixed a bug where the color parameter was not being passed correctly when creating a new layer
- Attempting to use the WWTClient.load method when controlling WWT over a network now raises an error.
Outstanding Issues in version 0.2.0:
- The WWTClient.ui_settings method does not change anything in the WWT client, apparently due to a bug on the WWT side.